People with special needs (students and staff) consist a special category and it is important to be treated with the appropriate attention and respect. Special handling is also given to medical confidentiality and the protection of personal data. People with special needs comprise people whose physical ability or health condition makes their participation to the mobility plan or participation impossible, without any additional support.
Information for additional funding of outgoing people (students and staff) with special needs
- Students and staff with special needs will need to apply to their Institutions for additional funding, together with a detailed financial budget explaining their needs, based on the problems that may arise due to their health problem or disability, during their mobility period. The application should be submitted to the Receiving Institution.
- The description of disabilities that people with special needs face, should come along with a medical prescription from a public hospital which should not be more than 3 months old. Alternatively, the description can be accompanied with another official certificate.
- It should be noted that in case of a mental health disability, an additional medical prescription which will confirm the ability to participate to the Program should be presented as a health insurance.
- The applicants should be aware that as soon as their application is accepted for additional funding, they will need to submit a financial review to their Institution during their return. Their expenses will then be covered using proof of receipt (invoice, receipts). In case when the actual expenses are less than the accepted financial support, a refund will be required.
Indicatively, the following needs are covered by the funding:
- A trip guide (to the hosting country and back) during staying abroad if mandatory
- Special arrangements for the transport from the Institution of Origin to the receiving Institution or to the business as well as locally, during the period of staying abroad
- Accommodation in an appropriately equipped room (in case when the student accommodation does not have a proper room)
- An assistant during the day or night time
- Caretaker of the patient
- Help during the lessons (for keeping notes etc.)
- Medical attention (physiotherapies, frequent medical check at the hosting country)
- Special teaching material (“Braille” system, printed copies zoomed-in, lecture recording)
- Medical supplies in case they are not covered from the European Insurance card or the private insurance contract