INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS – VISA REQUIREMENTS
Admission Procedure (Required documents)
According to the Civil Registry and Migration Department (CRMD) Regulations, and depending on their nationality, applicants shall follow the relevant procedure and provide the required documents as described below:
A. EU citizens
Applicants who are citizens of EU countries can enter Cyprus as visitors. Upon arrival at the Church of Cyprus Theology School, they must provide the Office of Admissions the following documents:
1. The completed Application Form.
2. Registration Fee of €50.00 (non-refundable).
3. Certified copies and official translations in Greek of all Academic documents.
4. Certificate of proficiency in Greek (internationally recognized) and other Language certificates (if available).
5. A photocopy of their passport. The passport must be valid up to one year after the date of their arrival in Cyprus.
6. A recent certificate of good conduct (no prior Criminal Record) issued by the police of the applicant’s country of origin or residence. The certificate of good conduct should be original and be issued less than 6 (six) months before the beginning of the semester for which the student applies. The names and attributes of the persons who issue and certify the document must be clearly stated in it.
In addition, they will have to advance the amount corresponding to the six-month tuition fees, and enrol to modules. Then they shall contact the Civil Registry and Migration Department (CRMD) for a temporary residence permit. The application to the Civil Registry and Migration Department shall be accompanied by evidence of the payment of the tuition fees for the semester, have sufficient funds for their initial living expenses and have contracted local health insurance coverage.
B. Third Country Nationals
The following documents will be required to issue a visa:
1. Certified copies of all Academic documents (certificates and transcripts).
2. A certified copy of the applicant’s passport (that will display the holder’s photograph and the passport validity). The passport must be valid for (i) at least the duration of the curriculum or (ii) for at least two (2) years, whichever is the shortest.
3. Applicants under the age of 18 (minors) must provide a certified parental consent document for their intended stay in Cyprus and its official translation into Greek or English.
4. A certified certificate of good conduct issued by the competent authority of the country of origin or residence issued within the last 6 months (clear criminal record certificate) and its official translation in Greek or English.
5. Reports of medical examinations showing that the applicant is not suffering from Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV, syphilis and a chest X-ray report indicating that the applicant is not suffering from tuberculosis. The above reports should be issued within no more than three months before the beginning of the semester.
6. A certified copy of a letter from a bank of the country of origin or residence stating that the applicant or the applicant’s parent has the financial capacity to cover the applicant’s cost of living and studies in Cyprus and the cost of repatriation. The name of the applicant’s parent must be stated in the bank’s letter. In the case of a student funded by his / her guardians, the name of the guardian / sponsor should be indicated in the letter of the bank and at the same time a certificate must be attached certifying that the person referred to in the letter of the bank as guardian / sponsor undertakes to acts as such.
C. Important note
Regarding the visa procedure to be followed by international applicants, it should be noted that, regardless of the above provisions of the School Regulation, the applicable procedure that will always be followed shall be in accordance with the Regulations of the Civil Registry and Migration Department (CRMD) of the Republic of Cyprus.