The postgraduate Master in “Applications of Psychology and Counselling in the Community” appeals to graduates in Psychology, Theology, Education, the Humanities or Social Sciences, who have attended introductory courses in Psychology for the completion of their bachelor. The degrees must be awarded by an institution offering an evaluated-accredited undergraduate program of studies or a recognized University.
Applicants for the MA in Applications of Psychology and Counseling in the Community unity should submit:
- An appropriate bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent, with a final year average of at least mid-B from a recognized University.
- Transcript of studies.
- School-leaving Certificate –Apolytirion.
- Evidence of Adequate Knowledge of the English Language
Minimum admission requirements for the English Language:
- TOEFL – a minimum score of 550 (paper based) or 213 (computer-based) or 80 (internet based) in the TOEFL test.
- IELTS – The British Council/University of Cambridge Local Syndicate’s test of Academic English, International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a composite score in the range of 6-6.5.
- GCE O Level English Language at Grade C or above.
- GCSE English language at Grade C or above.
- If the applicant’s primary language is not Greek and she/he has graduated from a non-Greek university where the language of instruction and examination was not Greek, then she/he must complete an acceptable Greek language proficiency test.
- A recognized Certificate of Competency in Greek, Level C1
- Modern Greek GCE O Level or equivalent to IGCSE Modern Greek or GCSE Modern Greek with minimum grade B
- Two reference letters
- A personal statement
Candidates who successfully submit their application according to the above- mentioned criteria will be notified for an interview, which will be held at the Students’ Admission Office. The candidates will be asked to explain to the three members of the Committee the reasons why they are interested in pursuing the MA in Applications of Psychology and Counselling in the Community. The personal interview will also identify the readiness and sufficiency of candidates to attend the Applications of Psychology and Counseling in the Community. In case a candidate cannot be present at the interview, a teleconference can be arranged.
Application Form and Admission Guidelines