International students – Visa requirements
For a complete and updated reference to the relevant legal framework, see the link below leading to the Portal of the Pancyprian Bar Association.
Admission Process (What to Submit)
The essential requirements are listed below. Subject to any updates to the above legislation, in accordance with the Immigration Department regulations, and depending on their nationality, applicants should follow the relevant procedure required by law and submit the required documents as described below:
- Applicant EU country nationals
Candidates who are nationals of EU countries can enter Cyprus as visitors. Upon arrival at the Theological School of the Church of Cyprus, they must submit to the Admissions Office the following:
- A fully completed application form.
- Registration fee €50.00 (not refundable).
- Certified copies (legally validated and officially translated in Greek) of their academic qualifications.
- Evidence of proficiency in the Greek language (internationally recognized) as well as other language qualifications (if available).
- A photocopy of their passport. The passport must be valid for at least one year after the date of arrival in Cyprus.
- A recent certificate of good conduct (Clean Criminal Record) issued by the police of the candidate’s country of origin or residence. The certificate of good conduct should be original and have been issued less than 6 (six) months before the beginning of the semester for which the student applies. The names and attributes of the persons who issue and certify the document must be clearly stated in it.
In addition, they must advance the amount corresponding to six-month’s tuition fees, and enroll for lessons. They should then contact the Immigration Department for a temporary residence permit. The application to the Immigration Department must be accompanied by evidence that they have advanced the tuition fees for the semester, have sufficient funds for their initial living costs, and have received local health insurance coverage.
- Applicant nationals from outside the EU
The following documents will be required to issue a Visa:
- Certified copies of the applicant’s academic qualifications (certificates and quality reports).
- Certified copy of the applicant’s passport (showing personal information pages including the one showing the validity of the passport). The passport must be valid for (i) at least the duration of the curriculum or (ii) for at least two (2) years, whichever is the shortest.
- Applicants under the age of 18 (minors) must submit a certified parental consent document for their intended stay in Cyprus, and its official translation into Greek or English.
- A certificate of good conduct (police report certifying a clean criminal record) issued within the last 6 months by the competent authority of the country of origin or residence, and an official translation in Greek or English.
- Reports of medical examinations showing that the applicant is not suffering from Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV, syphilis, and a chest X-ray report indicating that the applicant is not suffering from tuberculosis. The above reports should have been issued within no more than three months before the beginning of the semester.
- Certified copy of a letter from a bank of the country of origin or residence stating that the applicant or the applicant’s parent has the financial capacity to cover the applicant’s cost of living and studies in Cyprus and the cost of repatriation. The name of the applicant’s parent must be mentioned in the bank’s letter. In the case of a student funded by his/her guardian, the name of the guardian/sponsor should be indicated in the bank’s letter and at the same time a validated certificate must be attached showing that the person referred to in the Bank’s letter as a guardian/sponsor undertakes to act as such.
Regarding the visa procedure to be followed by foreign applicants, it is noted that regardless of the above provisions of the School Regulations, the current procedure will be followed in accordance with the regulations of the Department of Immigration of the Republic of Cyprus.
Theological School of the Church of Cyprus
Address: Isokratous 1-7, 1016, Nicosia, Cyprus
Telephone: +357 22443055 / Fax: +357 22443050