Student mobility for studies
Student mobility for studies is aimed at higher education students wishing to study at another European University, which has inter-institutional agreement with THEO. Student mobility can last between 3 and 12 months and is funded by the Erasmus + program of Higher Education Institutions which hold a valid Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (ECHE).
What does the funding cover?
- Management costs
- Subsistence costs
- Travel costs
- Special needs support
- Exceptional cost
This funding is proportional to the cost of living in each country so students can arrange their financial obligations including accommodation, meals and living expenses. Travel costs vary according to the length of the Sending University to the Receiving University.
The Table below shows the segregation of countries according to the cost of living and the funding given.
|Team||Countries||Cost of Living||Funding|
|1||Denmark, Ireland, France, Italy, Austria, Finland, Sweden,, United Kingdom, Liechtenstein, Norway||HIGH||UP TO €770|
|2||Belgium, Czech republic, Germany, Greece, Spain, Croatia, Cyprus, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia, Iceland, Turkey||NORMAL||UP TO €720|
|3||Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, FYROM||LOW||UP TO €670|
The mobility in Universities of Europe through the Erasmus+ program is certified with the official Learning Agreement for studies signed by the legal representatives of the two University Institutions before the mobility.
The benefits of the ERASMUS + program for students are:
- They will travel to another European country and experience their cultures
- They will learn a new educational system and participate in it
- They will study at another university without disturbing their course of study
- They will enrich their language skills, having the opportunity to practice during their daily life
- They will have exceptional experiences
- They will enrich their resume and have more opportunities for future employment
- They will broaden their social circle from people in different countries of the world
Students participate in mobility (for study and/or traineeship) activities of up to 12 months for each circle of studies (e.g. 12 months during their Bachelor degree, 12 months during their Postgraduate studies etc). Each 12-month period may consist of a combination of eligible studies or placements abroad for training. Additionally, last year students can be selected by THEO for placement in a work experience organization, which can take place within 12 months of graduation.